The Diploma in Emergency Medical Care is a 2 year qualification at an NQF 6 level and will lead to registration as a Paramedic with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
The minimum entrance requirements for the programme will be as follows:
- A Senior Certificate with University exemption, or its equivalent (NQF Level 4), as determined by a status committee, with an M-score of 10 and at least:
o a E symbol on Higher Grade Biology/Physiology, Physical Science and Mathematics, or
o a D symbol on Standard Grade in Biology/Physiology, Physical Science and Mathematics.
- The minimum admission requirement for applicants with a post-2008 National Senior Certificate in which the candidate has obtained the following:
o Mathematics Minimum APS score of 3
o Mathematical Literacy Minimum APS score of 6
o English Minimum APS score of 4
o Life Sciences Minimum APS score of 3
o Physical Science Minimum APS score of 3
o Additional subject 1 Minimum APS score of 3
o Additional subject 2 Minimum APS score of 3
o The minimum total APS score for admission will be 24 (excluding Life Orientation).
All applicants that meet the minimum academic entry requirements will undergo a selection process which will consist of the following:
- Literacy and numeracy skills assessment
- English speaking proficiency assessment
- Structured personal interview
- Physical fitness and swimming proficiency assessment
- Medical examination
Applications can be submitted now and will be open until 8 February 2018. The programme will be starting in June 2018. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack.